Job Title : SAP Basis Migration Lead
Job ID : 1942862927
Posted on : 17-Mar-2016
Designation : SAP Basis Migration Lead
Experience : 5-15 yrs
Location : Bangalore / Pune
Salary : Industry std
Client Name : MNC
Education : Any
Skills : SAP BASIS, MIGRATION, SAP HANA, SLT, SQL SERVER, WINDOWS, XI/PI, ITIL, VMWARE
Priority : HIGH
Greetings from Pentagon consultancy services.
This SAP Basis Migration Lead will manage the SAP migration activities with Virtustream clients and team. This role will also include Basis team support of current and future SAP related client projects and will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both client and internal infrastructure teams to deliver a stable, highly available business systems. Specific duties include developing and implementing measures to ensure high availability for SAP and related systems; fully documenting and standardizing operational procedures with appropriate controls to ensure operational stability; and facilitate infrastructure activities in support of ongoing SAP release and deployment projects.
This is accomplished through extensive knowledge of IT Basis technology, an open yet results-oriented program and project management approach, and the ability to effectively work with geographically dispersed virtual teams and IT leadership.
• Manage active communications between SAP and Virtustream and plans.
• Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Develops project implementation schedules and resources. Prepares integration plans. Prepares activity and progress reports for server
• Responsible for implementing programs and policies to achieve specific technical delivery goals. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility.
• Communicates with other information technology sections to coordinate support and project activity.
• Works with other members of the SAP team to determine requirements necessary to meet project goals.
• Works collaboratively with various members of the team and other Infrastructure resources in support of the client. This includes:
• Coordinating other resources.
• Designing or participating in the design of key areas such as high availability, disaster recovery and systems management.
• Conducts special analyses and projects as required. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence. Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
• Extensive knowledge of SAP HANA implementations and migrations is preferred
• Experience with providing assessment of high level estimates based on understanding of scope
• Proficient in the use of methodologies supported by SAP best practices for migration such as SLT
• Extensive use of SAP HANA Studio for management, troubleshooting and configuration of the HANA appliance
• SQL Server 2005-2008
• Windows 2003-2008
• Strong Basis XI/PI experience
• DB2 (bonus) nice but not required
• Familiarity with SAP on Vmware.
• Four-year degree with a Business Administration or MIS focus (or equivalent)
• 8+ years IT experience including 4+ years managing Basis, IT Infrastructure, IT Network, or IT Operations:
• Proven program and project management, ITIL, and continuous improvement implementations.
• Experience establishing policies, product and operating standards.
• Experience establishing SLAs, negotiating and managing both in-sourced and out-sourced IT services. Successful IT support of diverse global sites and end-users.
• Experience effectively building virtual IT teams and driving towards results.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a world-class Basis organization to support a global, 24x7 SAP environment.
• Demonstrated architecture and design expertise with enterprise server and storage networking projects in support of SAP in large-scale environments.
• Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
• Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills; ability to build strong formal and informal relationships.
• Capable of collaborating and leading across distributed organizations.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to transition smoothly between technical and business vernacular, tailoring communications to the audience.
• Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
If interested Please share your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org