Job Title : QA - Process Improvement
Job ID : 4590605864
Posted on : 11-04-2015
Designation : QA - Process Improvement
Experience : 8 to 10 yrs
Location : Chennai / Bhopal
Salary : Industry Standard
Client Name : MNC
Education : Graduation
Skills : QA - Process Improvement, CMMI Development
Priority : HOT
Designation: QA - Process Improvement
Keyskills: QA - Process Improvement, CMMI Development
Total Experience: 8 to 10 Yrs
- The QA - Process Improvement (CMMI Development) will ensure all processes and outputs meet the criteria for Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) maturity level 3. The person will be responsible to plan and collect outputs within strict timelines to help the organization achieve compliance at CMMI maturity level 3
- Directly supervises quality assurance team, quality assurance specialists, including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Provides necessary definition, development, and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development following set standards in line with CMMI.
- Ensures that all quality assurance activities performed by the quality assurance team meet the standards set for quality assurance.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Maintains product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints.
- Develop and manage quality assurance measures for performance improvement of processes.
- Manages and responds to software quality assurance issues with related groups such as development, product management, and product definition.
- Provide guidance in the creation of tasks and checklists for processes.
- Provide visibility to management on how projects are adhering to the process using defined software quality measures.
- Lead, mentor and coach a group of less experienced Quality Assurance staff ensuring they have the skills and knowledge in order to perform their roles.
- Conduct weekly and / or monthly reviews to ensure all activity is monitored and address issues that require action.
Ensure short and long-term goals are met by the team according to the time and budget, providing guidance where required.
- Actively provide feedback to Senior Quality Assurance management which may result in new working practices or general quality assurance improvements.
- Champion quality standards, ensuring continual developments of end-to-end process for all quality areas to include: software development life cycle, quality assurance work product deliverables, product templates and escalation processes.
Education & Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
Must have completed the CMMI Introductory Course
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a Quality Assurance environment of which 3 years must be spent as a QA for CMMI certifications including experience with current software development life cycle methodologies
- Experience in the implementation of a CMMI programme
- Experience in Quality Assurance activities applied to a Software Development Life Cycle
- Formal project management training desirable
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates effective communication.
- Able to lead Quality Assurance activities for large scale complex projects
- Leads/promotes/initiates the development of our people assets
- Able to resolve very complex problems
- Architects, designs, and configures multiple streams of work
- Mentors team leaders on a broad variety of technical and project management issues
- Implements solutions that reflect strategic, long-term direction and planning with a complete understanding of interdependencies.
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced software development principles, theories, programming languages, concepts and techniques.
- Expert understanding of system integration and hardware
- Complete understanding of technology and competitive positioning of technology - driven business solutions and applications / solutions
- Must be able to demonstrate broad range of sector experience
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of object oriented development approaches
- Strong office application skills (MS Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project)