Job Title : IDP Technical Support Engineer
Job ID : 2542060372
Posted on : 24-03-2015
Designation : IDP Technical Support Engineer
Experience : 3 to 7 yrs
Location : Bangalore
Salary : Industry Standard
Client Name : MNC
Education : Graduation
Skills : IDP, IDS, Firewall, Content Filtering, Vulnerability Exploitation Detection, Regular Expression, DFA (Deterministic Finite State Automata), Protocol, Traffic Anomalies, TCP/IP Protocol Suite, OSI Layered Architecture, Unix/ Linux, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, SNMP, VLAN Tagging (IEEE 802.1q), LACP, VLAN trunking, STP (IEEE 802.1D), JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-FW Certification.
Priority : HOT
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic TAC (Technical Assistance Center) environment with High focus on Customer satisfaction. Able to determine problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Candidate should be a technical expert in Network Security products specifically in IDP/IDS, Firewall and content filtering technologies. Candidate should have in-depth knowledge about Implementation scenarios, configuration and troubleshooting of IDP/IDS related issues.
- Strong understanding of signature based vulnerability exploitation detection. Understanding of regex (regular expression), DFA (deterministic finite state automata).
- Strong understanding of anomaly based attack detection. (Protocol / traffic anomalies)
- Candidate should have very strong fundamental "core" networking skills, with thorough knowledge of TCP/IP Protocol suite, OSI layered architecture and should be able to relate that knowledge in troubleshooting related issues.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of Security, IDP,IDS, Firewalls, access and perimeter control, vulnerability management and content filtering.
Strong understanding of L2, L3 attacks, application layer attacks and DDoS.
Strong understanding of port scan detection, honey port and application identification techniques.
Hands-on experience on Unix/ Linux.
Understanding of IPSEC, SSL VPNs.
- Proven experience with data networks including physical layer infrastructure, servers, LAN/WAN hardware, software, data transmission facilities and interconnecting devices.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot various network problems using utilities like nslookup, traceroute, ping, net stat and packet sniffers like wire shark, tcp dump etc.
- In-depth knowledge, on application layer protocols HTTP, FTP,SMTP, DNS,SNMP.
- In-depth knowledge of L2 technology and protocols like VLANs, VLAN Tagging (IEEE 802.1q), LACP, VLAN trunking, STP (IEEE 802.1D and other 802.1 implementations.).
- Effectively utilizes complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Ability to adapt new product support as organization evolves.
- Train and mentor junior engineers and peers.
- Proven crisis management, planning, prioritization and organizing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and customer handling skills.
- JNCIA-IDP / JNCIA-Junos / JNCIS-FW certification would be a big plus.
- Must be a team player and should be ready for weekend on call/in-office support as needed.