Job Title : Linux Admin
Job ID : 1414868555
Posted on : 12-03-2015
Designation : Linux Admin
Experience : 5 to 7 yrs
Location : Bangalore
Salary : Industry Standard
Client Name : MNC
Education : Graduation
Skills : Linux, System Administration, Unix, Virtualization
Priority : HOT
- Knowledge of UNIX, clustering & virtualization concepts
- Knowledge of products clustering & virtualization - PowerHA, VCS, RHCS, etc. & VMware, PowerVM,
- Knowledge in designing and provisioning common storage to the UNIX servers
- Expert on using monitoring, management and Conversion tools
- Expert on UNIX OS administration.
- Expert knowledge on Management, and troubleshooting of UNIX environment
- Able to find RCA of the issues in the environment by analyzing the log files.
- Sound knowledge in at least three of the UNIX like Operating systems - HPUX 10.x, 11.x /Solaris 9, 10
/Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6 /SUSE Enterprise Linux 10, 11 /AIX 5,6,7. Should be flexible and have cross
platform working knowledge.
- Ability to handle most of basic to advanced calls in User, group management, system start-up, service
modification, crontab entries, ACL modifications, file system management, root & ignite backups.
- Comfortable in using remote console like - iLo, DRAC etc, should have worked with OEM hardware IBM,
Dell, Oracle & HP, relevant to specific UNIX Platform.
- Should be proficient in User / System Administration (user account management, file changes,
permission changes) and should be able to carry out SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) based activities..
- Experience in Server Management, Backup, with the help of Client provided tool. Any proactive
monitoring tools i.e. Open view, Tivoli, Big-brother, Nagios, etc. will be added Advantage.
- Knowledge on Shell and Perl scripting.
- Interpersonal sensitivity and customer responsiveness with good spoken and written communication skills, team working skills & require shift operations.
Essential(one or more of the following):
- RedHat Certified Engineer or at least should be RedHat Certified System Administrator to RHEL5/6.
- Novell Certified Linux Professional to SLES10/11.
- Oracle/SUN Certified Solaris Administrator to 9/10.
- IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 6/7.
- HP-UX Certified System Administrator to HP-UX 11i v3(additions like to Networking & Security, High Availability or Virtualization is added advantage)
Permanent staffing assignments refers to those Jobs when you as a company look to hire people on your payroll on a permanent basis...
Although Professional Services in Human Contracting is a fairly new concept in India, The PS market is fast maturing and catching up with the changing industry...
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) is a form of business process outsourcing (BPO) where an employer transfers all or part of its recruitment...