Job Title : Sr Database Specialist
Job ID : 8202854490
Posted on : 11-03-2015
Designation : Sr Database Specialist
Experience : 8 to 10 yrs
Location : Bangalore
Salary : Industry Standard
Client Name : MNC
Education : Graduation
Skills : Oracle, Shell Scripting, Unix
Priority : HOT
- Database Center of Excellence and Drives technology Excellence in the Oracle Database Administration Areas.
- Conduct complex ORACLE database systems technical reviews to improve performance, resource utilization and integrity.
- Undertake the evaluation, testing, implementation and maintenance of ORACLE software products and services. best replica watches
- Provide professional consultation to management and internal clients on technical issues associated with the ORACLE database, and associated software products.
- Specify, design and develop utility programs as required to support to ORACLE environment; and consult on their implementation and usage.
- Investigate, and provide solutions to, technical issues concerning the management and utilization of ORACLE software products.
- Liaise and manage clients satisfaction on technical issues.
- Identify Services to be rolled out to customer and Productize them in conjunction with the Productization team
- Evaluate New Products and technologies for rolling out to customers
- Drive Competency Development(skills and certifications) across the practice in all locations
- Drive and manage Best Practices and KM Initiative.
- Create Labs for Proof of Concepts
- Client and project related interactions with Delivery and Implementation teams
- Manages Alliances with Vendors like Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, etc
- 8+ years of Oracle Database Administration and Consulting Experience. Environments
- Exposure to System Management tools.
- Good trouble shooting skills and being able to mentor database specialists and handle Escalated calls.
- Must have worked on large production database environments.
- Must have comprehensive and expert knowledge of Oracle database architecture and software products, including a detailed knowledge of Oracle internals and database recovery techniques.
- Oracle 10g, 9i , 8i Administration skills;
- Should have designed and managed Highly Available / Disaster Recovery infrastructure. Oracle 10g and 9i RAC skills preferred;
- Experience of Unix Operating system and facilities and Storage
Strong Technical Skills in:
- Operating Systems
- Unix (AIX, HP-UX, Solaris), Windows Operating Systems
- Oracle Database
- Oracle 10g, 9i , 8i Administration skills
- Analyzing and advising on capacity planning based on transaction volumes and growth
- Planning and implementation of Backup and recovery procedures
- Trouble shooting correction for bugs and performance tuning
- Taking care of Backup and Recovery with different methodologies like RMAN, Hot Backup and Cold backup.
- Handled Database Migration activities
- Advanced Technologies: Knowledge in RAC, ASM, Replication, Streams, Security features, Oracle Gateway, Shell scripting.
- Good Knowledge in ORA Errors.
Permanent staffing assignments refers to those Jobs when you as a company look to hire people on your payroll on a permanent basis...
Although Professional Services in Human Contracting is a fairly new concept in India, The PS market is fast maturing and catching up with the changing industry...
Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) is a form of business process outsourcing (BPO) where an employer transfers all or part of its recruitment...